2013年5月12日日曜日

Donald Byrd


Donald Byrd, a famous jazz trumpeter, passed away. The melody he wrote is very impressive, and his trumpet moves me. I knew his name and tracks when listened to the album "mode of blue," produced by quasimode, a jazz band in Japan. The tracks of Blue Note Record are recorded in this album. "Ghana" and "The Loner" are selected from Byrd's tracks. I had a good vibe when listened to them in quasimode's arrangement. After this opportunity, I listened to the originals included in "Slow Drag" and "Byrd In Flight." The albums are very groovy, and we can enjoy beautiful melody with simple arrangement.

I think that Byrd is professional side man, so to speak, "supporting actor." Even if in his works, Byrd does not have a big attitude, I think. When his sound is added to the track, the ensemble becomes lush, like a expressive face. So, many musicians might want his trumpet. I want to listen to much works which he performed both as a leader and side man. His sound keeps resonating in this world!

(Originally written on February 10th, 2013.)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿